- British Aikido Board
- British Council of Chinese Martial Arts
- British Judo Association
- British Ju-Jitsu Association GB
- British Kendo Association
- British Taekwondo Council
- UK Tang Soo Do Federation
Simply register and highlight your Clubmark number.
What is an Annual Health Check?
- All clubs that have successfully attained the Code will be required, on their 12 month anniversary, to log in and complete a short process highlighting any relevant changes in their safeguarding process.
- A successful Annual Health Check results in the Club being eligible to display the Code "mark" for a further 12 months and to feature on our interactive map.
- For more information about the process and time restrictions, along with what happens should you not complete your Annual Health Check, click here.
What is a Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts Review?
- This is an integral part of the quality assurance process. We will make a number of random spot checks across all regions and martial arts disciplines.
- This process is essential to maintaining a high quality, standardised scheme for clubs/organisations and individuals.
- Please note if you have an outstanding Code Review you will not be eligible to complete your Annual Health Check.
- For more information about the process and time restrictions, along with what happens should you not complete your Code Review, click here.
Why have I/has my club/organisation been selected for a Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts Review
- Clubs are selected randomly through a cross sample of martial art disciplines, how they are constituted and regionally.
What is the purpose of the "Find a Club" map?
- A public facing database, shown as a map, has been launched. This enables parents/ carers and educational establishments to search in their local area for martial arts deliverers who have attained the Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts "mark."
How is my data used?
Why we need to collect your personal data
Synergy Learning will host the public facing website and store applicant data on their own secure database. Synergy Learning will set up automated notifications and communications to those who have attained or are working towards the Code. These will include:
- A welcome email upon registration for all applicants
- An annual ‘health check’ request for those who have demonstrated that they have met the Code’s standards.
If you have indicated that you affiliate to, or are a member of, an NGB or Governing Organisation/ Franchise we will communicate with them to check your application information including, but not limited to, your DBS status, licence status and education and training and we will notify them of your certification status.
How long we keep your data
Once you have been inactive on our system for 24 months your data will be removed within 1 month of this date, unless you inform us beforehand that you would like your data removed.
Should you wish to take any complaints or queries further, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner's Office regarding such issues. Further information about how to make a complaint can be obtained at www.ico.org.uk or by telephoning 0303 123 1113
How to unsubscribe from any email alerts that you receive
If you have elected to receive information about the Safeguarding Code in Martial and would like at any time to unsubscribe from this service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of an email.
Updated with new email addresses. Updated references to Synergy Learning as new website host.
Updated to include NWG Network email address.
Updated to include a change in how we use your data.
How can I sign up for the Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts?
- If you are interested in attaining the Safeguarding Code "mark", you can follow the link below. There are checklists outlining what you will be required to demonstrate and you can add them to the portal a little at a time and your progress will be saved along the way. Get started here!
What does working towards the Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts framework involve?
- In working towards the Safeguarding Code, clubs/organisations and individuals will complete online questions about their safeguarding practices. This will be evidenced by submitting supporting documents e.g. a safeguarding policy and declaring assurances about areas such as safer recruitment and DBS certificate collation, amongst other things.
- This evidence is uploaded onto the online portal or can be submitted by post which will then be assessed centrally.
- If unsuccessful in demonstrating the code requirements, you will be advised about what information/documentation is missing and given the opportunity to resubmit.
- If successful you will receive a certificate to display and be able to access a "mark" that you can use in your marketing material.
When I apply what type of file types/extensions should I upload with?
All relevant files that you upload as part of your application should either be .doc (Microsoft Word) or .pdf
Can I submit evidence by post?
Please refer to the section `Applying by post` for further details.
Does my access to the Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts "mark" expire?
- Every organisation will be prompted to complete an "Annual Health Check” notifying us of any changes to safeguarding provision on the anniversary of the original application.
- If you do not complete your Annual Health Check or a randomly selected Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts Review you will lose permission to use the Safeguarding Code mark and your club will no longer feature on our `Find a Club` map. For more information click here.
In which circumstances would a club's certification be revoked?
See here for more information.
What do I do if I have a safeguarding concern about a martial arts club/coach/organisation?
How can I find a club/organisation or individual that has been granted the Safeguarding Code "mark" in my area?
- The website will hold record of all clubs/organisations and individuals that comply with the framework. Please refer to the `Find a Club` tab above. This displays the clubs that have been awarded the `mark` in your area.
- Look out for the Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts mark - all successful clubs/organisations and individuals are awarded the mark to display and use on websites, letterheads and marketing material.
How can I make a complaint about service I have received or appeal a decision about my application?
Can I apply to the Safeguarding Code if I, or a member of my team, are currently under investigation by the Police or have a criminal record?
Yes, please answer the relevant question within the application. We will consult with your Local Authority safeguarding teams and/or the Police where/if relevant as part of your application review. Each situation is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. If you wish to consult with us about this before completing your application please email us at email@example.com to organise an opportunity to discuss this.